I’m on a kick with the roasted chicken lately. It gives me lunch for almost the whole week, especially when I throw in some sweet potato, carrots, and onions to cook. Also, it’s super easy, which is a perk during the weekdays. I’ll keep this short and simple, here’s the recipe!
SPICY ORANGE ROASTED CHICKEN
One whole chicken
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp chile powder
1 tbs chipotle powder
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp Herbs de Provence
1 cup orange juice (fresh)
Pinch of salt and pinch pepper
1. Place bird in a baking dish.Pour orange juice onto bird to wet it, saving juice in pan.
2. Mix all dry ingredients (and honey) together and rub onto the chicken, using the wetness from the orange juice to make it stick.
3. Put the pan with the bird and the orange juice it in the fridge to marinate for at least three hours. (if it doesn’t fit, mine didn’t, put it in a ziploc bag and let it marinate)
4. After the bird has marinated, put it in a roasting pan (one with a lid). I cut up sweet potato and onions to cook with it.
5. Cook in oven at 350 for about 60 minutes (20 min per lb) or until done.
Quick. Easy. Delicious. Enjoy!