Sometimes a “classic” just isn’t good enough. While at it’s core it’s still great, it’s just gotten a little dull and outdated, in need of some vamping up.
And that’s where I come in.
While I’m a strong believer that you work your core the best just doing full body weights, I wanted to show my abs some extra love at the end of my workout. Normal sit-ups and planks, while classic, only do so much and can get old fast, so I switched it up.
(You should be able to youtube all the exercises, or just ask!)
30 SuitCase Situps with 15lb dumbbell
30 Russian Twists with 15 lb dumbbell
30 Pushouts with 15 lb dumbbell
30 Plank up/downs
15 Hanging leg raises
REPEAT 3 TIMES
and then don’t laugh for a whole 24 hours because it will hurt.
After that, I was pretty starving and all I could think about was a juicy burger. And I knew just the one I wanted.
Jalapeno Burger with Sweet Potato Buns*
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 tsp paprika
tsp onion powder
Pinch of good salt
1lb ground bison
- Mix it all together and grill (or cook stove top with some coconut oil)
- Tip: When cooking burgers put a little thumb print in the middle to allow for even cooking
2 tsp coconut flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teasponn ground ginger
¼ teaspoon good salt
2 cups of shredded sweet potato
Coconut oil for cooking
- Shred the sweet potatoes using either a food processor or a hand shredder (extra workout!)
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, coconut flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, sea salt and sweet potato until everything is covered and mixed.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Shape sweet potato mixture into cakes about 5 inches in diameter and fry ‘em up.
Who said a classic is always better?
* Recipe by Diane Sanfillipo