Sometimes on a Saturday night a girl wants a challenge…a mystery to solve.
She wants something dark, with a little bit of sweetness, that’s not too nutty.
I had already had way too many cookies at this point.
I was feeling in that mood last night, so I decided to head to the kitchen to create some chocolatey (what? That’s not a word?) goodness. Paleo of course.
It took me a couple tries, but after some feedback from my loyal taste testers I think I finally got it right. I present you with: Paleo Double Chocolate Coconut Almond Cookies. Why Paleo? Well you will just have to check back tomorrow to find out 😉
Don’t worry, my mom already told me I need better pictures. I’m getting right on it, Mom!
Paleo Double Chocolate Coconut Almond Cookies
1 ½ cups Almond Flour
¼ cup Coconut Flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of Himalayan pink salt
4 tbs Grass Fed Butter (Melted)
½ cup Organic Maple Syrup
2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2cp Shredded Coconut Flakes
¼ cup Chocolate Chips (make sure they are 70% Cacao or higher NOT semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
¼ cup Slivered or Sliced Almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda and Salt in a bowl.
- Then add in the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut flakes, chocolate chips and almonds. Stir
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a separate bowl for about 15-20 seconds.
- Mix the melted butter in with the rest of the ingrediants
- Rub a bit of coconut oil on a baking sheet
- Spoon out bits of cookie dough, remembering they will expand so don’t put them too close together.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until they are the consistency you want.
- Enjoy 🙂
Note: These make chewier cookies. If you want them more fluffy, instead of 1/4 cup coconut flour just do all almond flour.
It will definitely satisfy any dark chocolate cravings you may be having!